The materials have been updated to keep pace with the rapidly changing publishing industry. You still get all the great value we offer through a hands-on training seminar about nonfiction copy editing. We cover how to get started, how to go about editing, tips and tricks, skills, work practices, business practices, and more.
The seminar covers the following topics (among others):
- Overview of the publishing process, style and reference guides, software optimization, customization
- Spelling, punctuation, grammar, style, fact checking, queries, author voice, style markup, style sheets, online tools, topic specialties.
- Some advanced topics like notes, references, tables, and figures.
- Work practices: tips and tricks, time management, communication, dealing with problems.
- Business practices: Getting and keeping clients, resumes, sample edits, rates and billing, follow-up options, networking, professionalism, and deadlines.
Saturday, May 17, 2014, 9 am to 5 pm
Crabtree Chiropractic Center meeting room, 4517 Lead Mine Road, Raleigh, NC 27612
Cost: $250 per person (check or Paypal)
Check our Testimonials page to learn about what others have experience at our bootcamp.
For those who want to travel from out of town, there are two hotels very close to the event venue, and I will happily provide details for you.
You may register right here if you like. Please note: You will receive details for mailing in a check or a Paypal invoice once you have registered! Thank you!