I am very pleased to announced the classic Copyediting Bootcamp, a full-day live seminar, scheduled for Monday, January 11, 2016, in Chicago, IL. Update 11/6/2015: We will have two assistant instructors! You’ll get the benefit of the wisdom of Adrienne Montgomerie and Amy Schneider as well!
The materials have been updated to keep pace with the rapidly changing publishing industry. You still get all the great value I offer through a hands-on training seminar about nonfiction copy editing. I cover how to get started, how to go about editing, tips and tricks, skills, work practices, business practices, and more.
The seminar covers the following topics (and maybe a few others):
- Overview of the publishing process, style and reference guides, software optimization, customization
- Spelling, punctuation, grammar, style, fact checking, queries, author voice, style markup, style sheets, online tools, topic specialties.
- Some advanced topics like notes, references, tables, and figures.
- Work practices: tips and tricks, time management, communication, dealing with problems.
- Business practices: Getting and keeping clients, resumes, sample edits, rates and billing, follow-up options, networking, professionalism, and deadlines.
When: Monday, January 11, 2016, 9 am to 5 pm
Where: DoubleTree by Hilton, Magnificent Mile, 300 East Ohio Street, Chicago, IL 60611
Cost: $350 per person (includes workshop, materials, beverages, and lunch)
Check our Testimonials page to learn about what others have experience at our bootcamp.
Registration is now closed.