We are pleased to announce that the Editorial Bootcamp is coming to San Diego on March 15, 2014, for a full-day event! Sponsored and hosted by the San Diego Professional Editors Network, this event will cover core copyediting concepts and work and business practices!
Details: Saturday, March 15, 2014, 9 am to 5 pm
Hera Hub Sorrento Mesa
9710 Scranton Rd
San Diego, CA 92121
Registration is open to the public, but space is limited! Register here at Eventbrite.
Just entering the editing field? Well established, but looking for a skill upgrade and professional development? Get whipped into shape at SD/PEN’s Editorial Bootcamp! You’ll go home with new muscle in:
- The publishing process
- Copyediting and proofreading skills
- Work flow, time management, and ergonomics
- Resume writing, getting clients, setting rates, negotiating, billing, and taxes
- Access to a private LinkedIn group for bootcamp alumni, where you can share what you know and learn from others
- A 200-page manual filled with more information and resources
- Catered lunch
NOTE: No need to bring a ticket.
We cannot offer refunds, but if you can’t attend at the last minute, you may send someone in your place–just let us know who.
We cannot accept registrations at the door due to the time necessary to print materials for registrants.